No matter how careful we are, what could have been avoided sometimes just happens. We get food spilled on our clothes while cooking or eating, our men soak their shirts with sweat when they go to the gym, our kids get too rowdy and play in the dirt even if they are told to stay clean, and guests can leave marks on the pristine upholstery of the living room furniture. Yes, stains happen even when we least expect it.
Taking stains out of clothes and household fabrics can be tricky and time-consuming, not to mention test our patience. But nonetheless, there are ways of doing it effectively, without damaging our fabrics. Here are ways how:
1. Remove stains while they are still fresh. It becomes tougher to clean stains when they have already dried or set into the fabric. Wash them immediately, and if the clothes require dry cleaning, take them to the cleaners as soon as possible.
2. There are clothes and fabrics that come with special instructions as to how they are to be washed and how the stains should be removed from them. If your stained clothes have special instructions like these, it would be best to follow these instructions to the letter.
3. Before applying your stain remover to the stain itself, test how it works in an inner seam or on a part of your garment that is not easily visible. In this way, you would be able to see how your clothes would react to the chemicals of the stain remover, whether or not it would change the color of the fabric.
4. Treat the stain from the back of the cloth. If it is treated from the outer side, where the stain actually is, rather than from the inner side, the stain might pass through the other side of the garment.
5. If you are using dry-cleaning solvents on your fabric, take care to rinse the solvents off completely before throwing the fabric into the washing machine. Or better yet, wash that fabric manually and air-dry it. Dry-cleaning solvents contain chemicals that may prove to be fire hazards when put in a washing machine.
6. Be careful in using bleach. Using bleach on just the stained spot may result in an uneven appearance in the color of the stained garment.
7. Different stain removal products have different components in them. So, just stick to one product in cleaning the stains off a particular garment, or else it will only end up ruining the fabric. And whatever product you have used, remember to wash it off thoroughly, so the product's residue will not be a stain itself.
The most important thing to remember in cleaning out stains is that you should be patient when doing it. It can get frustrating, especially if the stain is too hard to take off, but that is just that. Sometimes, a stain can only be removed after repeating the process several times. There will also be a time when a stain will not come off no matter how hard you try. In that case, just accept the fact that your favorite dress or shirt is now ruined. Worry not; at least you tried.
Grill Buying Guide: Grill, Cook and Smoke To Your Heart's Content
What you want to BBQ, when you want to BBQ. Whether you're just throwing a few burgers on or you want to create a feast for a crowd, you have a choice between grills. A charcoal grill, has long been hailed as the purest form of grill and the greatest flavor producing. However, in recent years gas grills have risen in popularity among American households. Electric grills are the least common for outdoor grilling, but the best solution for apts and townhouses with limited space and strict fire codes. Not sure what the best grill option is for you? Don't worry our dedicated team of barbecue experts is has compiled some helpful facts to get you started.
The Charcoal Grill: Best in Flavor / Most Care
While many maintain the the flavor produced by Charcoal grilling cannot be beat, it is important to also be aware that it involves the most prep time, cleaning time and maintenance. It's the simplest in construction and depending on size, can be very portable. Charcoal Grills are typically constructed of coated steel. Other than the grill itself, the owner is required to buy coals and lighter fluid to get the fire started. Once the fire has been set, it takes about 15 min to reach a hot enought cooking temperature. Prices vary from $45-$500 depending on size and style, yet the buyer should factor in the price of coal needed per grilling session. The most well known of this kind is the Kettle Grill It's by far the most popular and traditional charcoal grill. In the end, it's up to you and what you plan to cook as well as how often you plan to use the grill. A good charcoal grill is the most basic kind, usually less expensive up front and does a phenomenal job of grilling most anything.
The Grill Smoker: Brings out that true smoky flavor we all know and love
The process of smoking is less common amongst the general population, so here is a run down of how it actually works. A smoker utilizes a combination of smoldering wood and low temperatures to create a taste that is unparalleled. The apparatus provides a temperature controlled smoky environment that can be held at the same temperature for hours at a time. It's big time in the barbeque world. The flavor and smokiness of your food also depends on the type of Wood Chips/Chunks you use. Also keep in mind that some charcoal grills offer a smoker option as well as some of the higher end gas grills. You can't beat that!
Gas Grills: Most popular among American Homes / Moderate Care
All hail the mighty Gas Grill. With the flick of a switch you can start, control and maintain the best temperature for your particular bbq needs. The gas grill construction is rather simple with burners, a system such as lava rocks to dispurse the heat from the burners and cooking grates. A grill with multiple burners is more desirable as it ensures the heat will be even and no cold spots will arise. Overall the gas grill is easy to light, control and clean up. Get your gas grill going today and create fabulous feasts for the entire family!
The Electric Grill: It doesn't get Easier Than Plug In And Go.
The Electric Grill is the least common for outdoor grilling and produces the most subtle bbq grill flavor. However, apartment or town house owners with minimal space find these portable grilling machines ideal. Most are smaller, easy to keep and store in a kitchen and some like the George Foreman Electric Grill can even be used countertop. They operate with ease, clean with ease and in many ways, you can't beat it.
As a consumer, you have to decide what you have room for, what you have ambition for and what you will be cooking. It's quite easy to throw a few steaks on the George Foreman without the hassle and mess of cooking in an oven.
We search top stores daily so you don't have to.
For personal non-commercial use only; please check stores for current prices and exact amounts. Product specifications are obtained from merchants or third parties. Although we make every effort to present accurate information, Okto is not responsible for inaccuracies. Store ratings and product reviews are submitted by online shoppers; they do not reflect our opinions and we have no responsibility for their content.
As remuneration for time and research involved to provide quality links, we generally use affiliate links when we can. Whenever we link to something not our own, you should assume they are affiliate links or that we benefit in some way.
OKto.com - 4283 Express Lane, SUITE 003-239, Sarasota, FL 34238, p: (941) 538-6941, f: 8154253395, e: support [at] okto.com