What can CD recorders do? Are they worth the price? What should I look for in a CD recorder?
CD recorders have finally come down far enough in price to make them affordable to the average computer user. The next question that begs to be asked is, "Do I need one?" Now, most computer users would answer "Absolutely, it's the new toy I've been waiting for!" but if you are questioning the necessity of a CD recorder, I can tell you what they do.
Most CD recorders (also called CD burners) fit into your computer in one of the CDROM bays. I recommend installing it in an open bay and keeping your current CDROM. While the CD recorder can act as your primary CDROM, two CD drives can make some other recording features possible.
CD recorders are able to make and copy both data and audio CDs. This means that it is possible to backup your files or make a mix CD of your favorite songs. And because most CD recorders come with Adaptec Easy CD Creator, which comes with wizards to make CD creating easy, people with very little computer experience should have no problem getting started.
CD recorders are also able to copy both audio and data CDs. This is where the second CDROM drive can come in handy. This means that you can make backup copies of both your Windows CD and your favorite audio CD in case they were to get lost or scratched. Please note that copying a CD that you do not legally own or giving away a copy of your CD to someone can be against copyright laws.
The media that CD recorders use is usually referred to as CDRs or CDRWs. CDR stands for CD-Recordable and CDRW stands for CD-ReWritable. CD-R media should work in all types of CD-Recorders, but it takes a CD-ReWritable drive in order to use CDRW media. The great thing about CDRW media is that you can use it over and over again. You can just erase the disk and start fresh. The downside is that CDRW media does not work well for audio CDs. That doesn't mean that you can't make audio CDs with a CD-ReWritable drive, you just have to use a CDR disc.
So now the question is: "What type of CD recorder do I get?" There are a few basic choices that you must make to guide your purchase. First, if you want to have the ability to rewrite to CDs, then choose a CDRW drive, which are a little more expensive, but worth it. Second, the speed of the CD recorder will make a big difference in your satisfaction. Speed is given in the following format: 8X/4X/32X. The first number corresponds to the speed at which it will record. The second number refers to how fast it will rewrite, assuming it has the capability. The third number is how fast it will read off of the CD. The higher the numbers, especially the first one and second one, the faster you'll be able to make CDs.
As far as the brand of your CD recorder, my only suggestion is to buy a brand you've heard of. As is true with all computer products, there are a lot of companies out there making products. You can assume the big name companies will make a quality product, but you don't have that luxury with the smaller companies. Also, the smaller companies will generally not have customer support that is as good as the larger companies.
Buying a CD recorder can be a very fun process. Search around, find a good deal, and make sure to get a lot of media, because you would be surprised how fast they get used up.
The Top Ten Reasons Why Women Love Shoes so Much "Why do you need so many shoes?," my husband asks me, as he shakes his head and stares at my closet in disbelief. I start to answer him and I realize that it's one of those age old questions that men have been asking women for years. It's up there with "What's inside the women's bathroom?," and "Why do women always want to know what men are thinking?" It's not just my husband, millions of men want to know, "Why do we women need so many shoes? "
The truth is women are in love with shoes. Let me give you the top ten reasons why.
1. Variety - We women simply cannot wear the same shoe every day. We need change. Plus, our shoes need to match our outfits and our outfits need to match our activities and lifestyle. After all, you can't wear open toe sandals if you are going hiking in the canyons now can you? Plus, variety is the spice of life.
2. Style - We want to look good. No, we want to look hot. No, we want to look comfortable. See what I mean? Th bottom line is that we need different styles for different looks.
3. A Good Deal - Women are born shoppers. It is a true talent and no true shopper can turn down a good deal on a pair of shoes. That is why discount shoe stores like DSW or Shoe Pavillion are so popular. No shoe shopper work her salt can resist a pair of Manolo Blahniks marked half-off.
4. Comfort (AKA High Heels vs. Falts) - High heel shoes look great, but let's face it, they can really hurt the tootsies! Most women I know alternate between high heels and flats. You know what that means.. more shoes!
5. Durability - Well made shoes can last a lifetime. This is especially true if you do not wear them every day. As a result of this your shoes build up in your closet. Kinda like plaque on your teeth.
6. Trendy - Unlike that hot pink leather skirt you partied like it's 1999 in, the shoes that you may have worn with it are still in fashion. In fact, Flashdance plastic jelly shoes have made a huge comeback. What a feeling!
7. Stability - As the years come and go, women's clothing size may fluctuate. One year you may be a size 4 and then after a few years of stuffing krispy kreme donuts down your face, you may suddenly be a size 14. But guess what? Your shoe size will stay the same. Chances are if a woman is a size 8 shoe, she will stay a size 8. How great is that?!
8. Options - "Should I wear my 5 inch Marc Jacobs heels today, or my 2 inch Gucci loafers?" It's a woman's fundamental right to be able to make a choice on her own footwear. In order to make those choices, women need (you guessed it) many different shoes.
9. Collections - Some men collect playboy magazines. We women collect shoes. Enough said.
10. Friendship - If diamonds are a girl's best friend than shoes are a woman's best friend. Shoes will always be there for her. They will never shun her or treat her wrong. They will never try to steal her boyfriend or call her fat. They will never let her down. The bottom line is a women needs as many of these friends as she can get.
So there you have it. Now please don't get me started on purses...
We search top stores daily so you don't have to.
For personal non-commercial use only; please check stores for current prices and exact amounts. Product specifications are obtained from merchants or third parties. Although we make every effort to present accurate information, Okto is not responsible for inaccuracies. Store ratings and product reviews are submitted by online shoppers; they do not reflect our opinions and we have no responsibility for their content.
As remuneration for time and research involved to provide quality links, we generally use affiliate links when we can. Whenever we link to something not our own, you should assume they are affiliate links or that we benefit in some way.
OKto.com - 4283 Express Lane, SUITE 003-239, Sarasota, FL 34238, p: (941) 538-6941, f: 8154253395, e: support [at] okto.com